Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to combatting the appearance of facial acne scars. Ask for SkinPen® by name to get the impressive results demonstrated by our clinical study and the safety of the first FDA-cleared device.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see atient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Your provider might recommend an aftercare regimen. Ask about Skinfuse, Bellus Medical’s 90-day protocol specifically formulated to support your skin following microneedling.
BEFORE AND (HAPPILY EVER) AFTER
WHAT IS SKINPEN?
With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment – and step out with confidence.
HOW MICRONEEDLING WORKS
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device.
It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Best of all, SkinPen works. Ninety percent of subjects in the clinical trial would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
Skin Care Resources
Our most popular articles and info on Skin Care
Your Skin Deserves an Expert Touch | Richmond Surgical Arts
Stay updated regarding our offers, procedures and events
SkinPen is a microneedling device that’s used for a number of treatments to rejuvenate the skin. SkinPen can be used to treat acne scars, improve skin tone, and recover stretch marks. It is also becoming an increasingly popular way to treat hair loss with Platelet...
Has aging, too much time in the sun, or acne left your face with wrinkles, scars, or blotches? If so, laser resurfacing may help your skin look younger, healthier, and more youthful. For years, laser resurfacing has addressed a multitude of skin irregularities such as...
There are many challenges associated with aging. When most people think of aging, the first thing that probably comes to mind is changes to their appearance. Go to any drugstore, and you’ll see shelf after shelf of skin creams, eye gels, refining masks, toners and...