If you’re planning to get breast augmentation surgery then one of the most important decisions you’ll have to make is the type of implants you want. When it comes to breast implants, there are different sizes, shapes and materials to choose from. Choosing the right implants is vital since it will fundamentally affect how your breasts look and feel. There are different types of implants available like silicone vs saline, teardrop vs round breast implants. Discuss with your surgeon about them and choose the right one for your breast augmentation surgery.
Below is a guide to the different types of implants available.
Silicone Vs Saline
The two main types of fillings for implants are saline and silicone. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Some of the benefits of saline implants are –
- They’re less expensive – Saline implants are usually less expensive compared to silicone.
- They can be used for younger women – Saline implants can be used in women who are 18 years of age or older. To get silicone implants, you must be at least 22 years old.
- They’re suitable for no-scar breast augmentation – Because saline implants can be filled after placement, this makes them ideal for no-scar breast augmentation surgery.
Some of the benefits of silicone implants are –
- They have a more natural feel – For a lot of women, breasts that are natural to the touch are extremely important and silicone certainly has the advantage in this department.
- They are not as prone to rippling – Rippling can be an issue with saline implants, particularly for women with slighter builds, which is why silicone implants are recommended for such women.
- They keep their shape well – Because of their thicker consistency, silicone implants retain their shape very well.
Teardrop Vs Round
Teardrop implants are a special type of shaped silicone implant that have been available in the US since 2012.
Below are some of the benefits of teardrop implants –
- A natural look that mimics real breasts – A big advantage of teardrop implants is that they mimic the shape of real breasts and therefore provide a very natural look and feel.
- A natural feel – Teardrop implants are made from silicone, giving them a natural feel. They also come in a number of sizes to suit all body types.
Some of the benefits of round implants are –
- They allow for a more youthful appearance – Round implants are often desired because they provide a very youthful appearance.
- They move more freely –Round implants usually have a smooth shell, which means they’re less prone to rippling and move more freely in the body.
Not sure what type of implants you need?
If you’re not decided on what type of implants are right for you then don’t worry; this is what a consultation is for. At your consultation you’ll be able to see and feel the different types of implants and talk with your surgeon about the best type of implants for the results you want to achieve.